dimanche 17 janvier 2010

Weekly gratitude: album, week 1 and week 2

After creating my gratitude frame a couple of weeks ago, I finally decided to decorate the covers of my Weekly Gratitude album. I kept things fairly simple because it will be handled quite a lot: I am planning to keep it on my desk and will probably leaf through it regularly. I may add some more embellishments to the front cover once the project is finished. We shall see!

The front cover:
The spine and back cover:
Supplies: Double-sided papers by My Little Yellow Bicycle (Traveler collection); rubon letters American Crafts; stamp Purple Onions; ribbon May Art; jump ring Tim Holtz; holes punched with the Cropadile; plastic 6x4 photo album Muji.

Yesterday I made my week 1 and week 2 entries (both are 6x4 to fit in the album plastic sleeves; week 2 is on the back of week 1). For each entry I have selected one of the 7 daily gratitudes I had written that week.

Week 1: A comfortable home
Week 2: Coffee
Supplies: Papers and ribbon by Cosmo Cricket (Mr Campy); letters on HOME entry are either Thickers or rubons by American Crafts; letters on COFFEE entry are rubons by Fancy Pants; stamp The Scraproom; Glimmer Mist.


I had originally planned to make my daily gratitude one of my 6 new habits (as part of the 6changes project) and had set up an implementation plan. All I can say after 2 weeks is that this setup is not working for me. I am ok with the actual gratitude part - as I blog (almost) daily about it here - but the timing is not right: my morning cup of coffee is NOT the best moment for me to think about gratitude afterall. It is far easier to do it in the evening when Gaëtan is sleeping: the house is really quiet, Jerome is either watching tv or doing his things on one of the computers... I can finally sit in front of the other pc, start writing my daily diary blog post, take the time to review my day and think about all the things I can be grateful for.


So... this means that I need to find myself another new habit! Will it be about organisation? Decluttering? Beating procrastination?
I need to think hard about this one and above all I need to make a better plan to implement it!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire