jeudi 9 décembre 2010

December Daily - Day 8

Since yesterday was all about snow falling almost all day long and since it was already Day7's theme, I wasn't really feeling very inspired and felt I was on a slippery path with this project... But inspiration struck just before I went to bed, so here we are! And funnily enough, I quite like this page ;)

page1:Journaling: When I was oooh-ing and aaaah-ing over the snow yesterday, little did I know what the weather would bring today... and I didn't think I would be walking in the snow while bringing back Gaëtan from daycare!


page2:
Supplies: Toga felt snowflake, Scenic Route cardstock, Bazzill Ruby Slipper cardstock, Artemio reindeer stamp, Ali Edwards Holiday Wordart vol2 + 6*8 DD overlays + Picture overlay, Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist.


December 8:
This morning Gaëtan went to daycare and I had an appointment with the director to talk about the October invoice and the help they need right now. It was great to chat with Sophie and to see other mums that are also going to be more involved. Then I went to the art & craft store to buy some felt (want to make a garland like Elise for Gaëtan's birthday this Sunday). It started raining/snowing and of course I hadn't taken any umbrella nor gloves. I was freezing when I came back home with Gaëtan but it was beautiful to see the urban landscape covered in snow. It feels very Chrismasy right now!
It snowed all afternoon with no sign of stopping. Gaëtan didn't take a long nap (sigh) so we read, put some stickers in the activity book, had a snack... It was really funny: Gaëtan wanted to eat a kiwi... by himself, so I cut a kiwi in half then gave him a spoon and he almost managed to eat it properly (if you don't mind bits of kiwi being propelled all around in the kitchen!). I tried to make a short video of him eating but he wanted to see "bébé" on the screen. I'm not kidding I think he watched that little video (of himself) more than 15 times! Call him Narcissus ;)
Jérôme had taken the car to go to work this morning so I was afraid he would get snowed in somethere on the road between La Défense and Issy but he managed to get home... eventually. It only took him more than 2h (instead of his usual 45min drive!). At least that gave him time to make a few more phone calls to family (his uncle Jean-Claude, his sister-in-law, his cousin Grégoire - the other twin - and his cousin Antoine). It was a near disaster at dinner yet again with Gaëtan: didn't want to eat more than 5 spoonful of his soup and ended up eating pasta with crème fraiche & pepper... I really don't know how I'll deal with this situation in the long run...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire