mercredi 8 décembre 2010

December Daily - Day 7

Day 7 and I'm still doing this!!! It's been a week and it is surprisingly not as stressful or 'painful' as I thought it would be... The key is to do it really regularly (thank God for naps!). So proud of myself and of all the others still going strong ;)

Straight to the point today because Gaëtan didn't take a long nap and my mama duty called ;)
Yesterday's main page is on the snow we had: I thought it was pretty and fairly unusual... little did I know that it would be 10 times better (worth for some!) today.
So more snow pictures coming in on today's page!!

On the "artsy" side, I tried to put some glitter on page2 with a glue pen, but it was messy... Not sure I like the result but never mind!


page1:
page2: Supplies: Scenic Route stickers, Love Elsie sticker (small snowflakes), Scrapworks Xmas paper (2007), 3D foam tape (for the 3 small pics), Ali Edwards brush (Holiday Wordart vol2), Purple Onion stamps (little bracket + frame), Bazzill blue gray cardstock, Sakura Quickie glue pen, red glitter, Uniball Signo red metal pen.


December 7:
Gaëtan went to Grenadine this morning. It was cold and grey but ok. I spent the morning putting his toys away and tidying the place so that the cleaning lady could work efficiently! Jérôme is still sick and still at home. His temperature has come down though. It started snowing right around the time I was supposed to leave to get Gaëtan from daycare... so I took the car because I didn't want to get too wet, too cold and I especially didn't want to slip on the pavement. Apparently there's been a major crisis at Grenadine and several mums left the board. Sophie therefore asked for my help and I told her about my pregnancy: I can help now but won't be able to in a few months!! We'll see. Watching the snow fall was as usual really pretty, especially when you're safely in the car ;)
Gaëtan played a bit with Jérôme on the computer (Kneebouncers.com) while I finished doing some paperwork (paying some taxes for Beauberty). Gaëtan went to nap and we had lunch.
A pretty ordinary day (apart from J home sick) so far, so I'm still wondering what today's DD story will be.
I found a Holiday sticker activity book in my special Holiday items cupboard so I took it out and played a bit with Gaëtan. I did most of the 'work' but he seemed to enjoy it... then lost interest fairly quickly! So it was back to reading more books, then off to take a shower with Daddy, then dinner (he ate - hooray!). We spend the rest of the evening on the phone with various family members telling them the good news: my grandmother (who had to sit down when she heard it will be twins), Jérôme's parents (who were delighted!), Jérôme's cousin Nicolas (himself a twin, offering lots of advice), Jérôme's aunt and uncle (happy & having a laugh: now it's OUR turn!) and finally Jérôme's brother Laurent (very excited and a bit emotional). What an exciting evening!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire