mardi 7 décembre 2010

December Daily - Day 6

I was planning on decorating the tree yesterday but my husband is home sick and wasn't able to get the tree up... so that will be a great story for another day ;)
The day was pretty gloomy up until we made some gingerbread people with my 2yo: highlight of the day + good story for my December Daily page!

page1:
Journaling: I fell in love with this Gingerbread people kit last Wednesday at WHSmith: on the one hand, I found the shape cutter really cute; on the other I was curious to see how they tasted. They are yummy, have a good texture, lack some sugar... and they're just so cute!

page2:
Supplies: Making Memories Xmas paper (2009), Uniball brown pen, Quickutz clear stamps, Purple Onion stamp (little swirl), Old paper distress ink.

December 6:
[I forgot to write down this daily diary yesterday and now I can't remember what we did! Sigh...]
Jérôme was sick (coughing + high temp) so stayed home and booked an appointment with the GP at 4pm. Gaëtan was home with me and we played and read some books in the morning. We then went to the postoffice to send THE letter (to Jérôme's parents, telling them about the twins) and a parcel (to Italy, containing our gift for Chloé's birth). A quick detour to Monoprix for some grocery shopping, then it was back home for lunch. Huge success at lunchtime: Gaëtan ate almost all his meal + yoghurt and had a piece of chocolate chip brioche. Nap for Gaëtan, craft/internet time for me and computer time for Jérôme.
I couldn't decorate the tree because it still wasn't up and installed in the living room (Jérôme wasn't feeling well enough to take care of that... and I can't blame him) so when Gaëtan woke up (it was a looooong nap), I decided to bake some cookies with him: I love baking and I love that I can do it with him! Added bonus: great opportunity to take some pics of the two of us baking, so that I could finally feature in my December daily ;)
In the evening, we chatted with my brother and sister-in-law on Skype, watched Vale nursing little Chloé and told them the good news! Can't wait to see them at Christmas!! And finally, I spent some time chatting online with Marie, which was fun.

1 commentaire: